Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Introducing Charles Arend Neff

I was scheduled to be induced May 21, 2014. But on May 20th our little Charlie decided he was ready to come on his own! About 3:30am I started having contractions. I'd been having Braxton Hicks contractions for a while now, so it wasn't new. But when they started getting more painful and closer together I decided it may be something different! I woke up Joel at 4am and he called our friend Denise Newhouse to come over and stay with the kids. We got to the hospital around 4:30am and things were really getting going! I was in a lot of pain. The nurses were so kind and helped so much to try and keep me calm while reminding me to breath deep and slow. I asked for the epidural but it took about 40 minutes for them to get there. When the anesthesiologist arrived I was already at a 9. But, luckly they were still able to give me the epidural and some pain relief. I finally calmed down and felt so much better once the pain subsided. About 15 minutes later the doctor on call arrived (Dr. Heidtman) and after one push Charles Arend Neff was born at 5:36am. I was a little sad not to have my favorite doctor (Dr. Keith), but Dr. Heidtman was really nice! Charlie weighed 8 lbs. 5 oz. and was 21" long!



































1 comment:

  1. Wow, just wow! You don't even LOOK like you had a baby, sometimes life isn't fair. And look at all his hair! One day, my children will be jealous. He is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete