Saturday, March 2, 2013

Columbia, SC temple visit

It's difficult for me to attend the temple while I am nursing a baby. So, Joel and I decided we would take a family trip to Columbia, SC so we could take turns and both attend. The drive down was flawless (love those double DVD players!) Fortunately, staying in a hotel is super exciting for Emery and Lucy. After we ate some Zaxby's for dinner and had movie night on the computer, Joel went over to the temple and I got the kids to bed. That was slightly more horrific than I had imagined; getting 3 kids to bed all at the same time. Lucy has a really hard time falling asleep generally, like me. Emery was all wound up. And Andy was not sure about the change of our usual routine. Eventually they all did fall asleep, near 9:30pm. It was a good thing I was going to the temple in the morning to recover from that!
In the morning, after nursing Andy, I went for my session. It was wonderful. It was just what I needed. I felt full of love and peace. It gave me enough patience and optimism to face another day of craziness! Before we headed back home, we drove over to the temple so the kids could walk around outside and see it. We also stopped at the little bookstore across the street (Nephi's Books) where the kids picked out little pictures of Jesus and the temple. The drive home was not quite as smooth, probably due to the fact that they didn't get enough sleep. But Joel and I just smiled and laughed at the craziness instead of getting frustrated and yelling. It was a little easier to just accept the fact that they are just kids and sometimes everything is "the end of the world" for them. But we are so glad we went and can't wait to go again :)








1 comment:

  1. How luxurious! I feel ya, temple attendance is tough as a momma! Or maybe I just really need to try harder, that one's probably more accurate. Looks like you guys had fun!

    ReplyDelete